Thread: IMSA DPi Discussion
View Single Post
Old 9 Apr 2017, 23:08 (Ref:3725133)   #2544
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
Well the nsx in gtd is only supposed to be a one year deal allowed by Imsa, shank won't stay in gtd unless some one pays him.i see Honda with MSR in dpi next year,it's the most recent relationship and has the most recent expieriance with Imsa compared to Penske.

This is a very interesting point you bring up.

If indeed Shank and IMSA both see through to that 1 year commitment (I hope), do you think that Shank would indeed be allowed to go the Honda Route in DPi next year? The reason I ask this, is what if Penske arrives with the most money to woo Honda with a factory backed effort for next year, and locks out the privateers, like Shank, who would likely go the Honda route as well due to having been supplied by their engines in the past? Having asked that, what other avenue could Shank consider in DPi? Nissan? Or perhaps even another Cadillac entry given how advantageous and well rounded the Caddy lumps are?

This scenario reminds me of what Cadillac themselves did in PWC when they entered their new GT3 in 2015, promised to open their car up to customers globally in 2016 and then, didn't.........