View Single Post
Old 12 Apr 2017, 11:28 (Ref:3725810)   #47
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
I get that completely. In isolation those admission prices do seem high. The value, in my opinion, is in the advance purchased weekend ticket at £50. Three full days trackside, five and a half hours of ELMS/WEC practice, qualifying for both, a four hour ELMS race and a six hour WEC race, plus the single seater action. Split the £50 between all of that, consider the cost of a ticket to a Premiership football match, a rugby international or a concert ticket, and maybe it's not so expensive after all. Have you seen what they charge for the Silverstone Classic!? That said, Le Mans general entry ticket prices do represent even better value, and the ancillary costs associated with attending all three days at Silverstone do mount up.

Regarding attendance, the event does draw a respectable, if unspectacular, crowd each year, especially on the Sunday.
Some people can't always commit to attending the whole event as in my case but I would have relished the idea of watching the qualifying live for a reasonable cost and given the not inconsiderable cost of travel which for me involves a 3 hour journey to and fro, I'm afraid £25 is a bit too much. Granted the Saturday ticket covers racing as well for the support series but nevertheless my own feeling is that the admission price precludes a lot of potential spectators. As to the attendance, in my observation of previous events which I've been lucky enough to view at home courtesy of Motors/Eurosport, other than the usual huddle of people around the pit area the spectator terraces/banking appear pretty thin. My argument therefore is why not lower the price particularly for qualifying and attract a bigger paying audience?

Last edited by justracing; 12 Apr 2017 at 11:39.