Thread: FIA GT GT4 - The future...?
View Single Post
Old 12 Apr 2017, 11:29 (Ref:3725811)   #422
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I guess GT4 is already plenty far down the path of GT3 in that all the smaller car builders are being driven out and the road cars that the race cars are based on are already up a tier from what they were for the most part, so it might as well gain some more popularity as it's too late to keep it a nice "little" thing.

I just hope we have some good variety as all the cars become available. I guess it sounds kinda "first world problems" but I don't want to see it turn into the GT3 thing where every grid is 90% R8s, AMG GTs and Huracans with a handful of McLarens thrown in... Although for GT4 the Cayman would probably take the place of the Huracan.

Will be interesting to watch how the situation develops over the next couple of years. Will the Sins, Ginettas and KTMs be further BOP'd out of it as all the big manufacturers won't like "kit cars" beating them? Will we see any Camaros or Mustangs overseas? Will the M4 prove to be a popular option or will the wealthy gentleman prefer the "prestige" of borderline supercars like the McLaren and R8 over sports coupes? With all the new options will the Astons be able to stay relevant? Do Maseratis and Nissans have any chance at relevance? Will the Jaguar show up? Could a Lotus pop up again? Plenty of things to watch.

Last edited by Accident; 12 Apr 2017 at 11:46.