View Single Post
Old 18 Jun 2017, 21:49 (Ref:3744993)   #2068
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
All manufacturers are allowed one joker, which I think they call a performance upgrade, in the 4 year period. Costs a little bit of money, but nothing major. So that should even itself out soon. Ligier proposed an update on the Friday to all of their cars, but needed permission from everybody else. Request was denied, and Ligier didn't want to use their one joker this early in the 4 year cycle. So I expect Dallara and Ligier will use it for next year, whilst ORECA might wait a little.

And yeah, in ELMS they've been basically equal which is awesome. Just the Ligier and Dallara low downforce kits are junk. The Riley...well god knows whats going on with that. If the ACO is determined to stick with limited chassis manufacturers, I hope it gets opened to 5 or 6 in the next generation.

Interesting, in LMP3, the Ligier was awful in low downforce too. Just so slow in a straight line. They asked for permission to modified the rear gurneys, and all the other manufacturers agreed (Norma, Adess and Ginetta were in the race too), which was a nice show of sportsmanship. The Norma still had a straight line advantage and would've won both races if it didn't get rear ended in the first race.