Old 19 Jul 2017, 10:03 (Ref:3752737)   #94
boggissimo
Rookie

United Kingdom
Kent
boggissimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
My Tesla owning racer friend uses paddock hook ups for charging. He has (I think right name) a 'Juice Booster' that comes with different fly leads and adjusts charge rate to suit supply. Anything from 32a 3 phase downwards. Most paddocks have 16a single which is OK. Think Silverstone 16a 3phase just to be different......
This? http://www.juice-technology.com/en/p...uice-booster-2
Looks interesting although it doesn't mention the Leaf and has a Type 2 connector (Leaf has Type 1 and Chademo). I have heard of people using the blue 'Commando' 16A outputs that come on campsites, and in race paddocks by the sound of it. If I were to enter something in the Leaf I'd look into that further.

Having been quite successful in the Impreza in this year's Pom though, and enjoying wringing its neck, I'll probably give it another go in that first. Will see if the 2018 regs include a mention of the conversion factor for EVs and then decide if it's worth trying it in the Leaf.