Thread: WEC Rebellion Racing
View Single Post
Old 14 Dec 2017, 10:54 (Ref:3786993)   #1671
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
this is my overall point, to go the NA route and make it work, you need something like the 5.5L Judd V10 to be on par with the turbo motors in terms of a high and wide torque curve, and low revs for sensible BSFC's and subsequent low fuel consumption.......the 4.5L Gibson is just too small for me, it will have low torque and really guzzle the fuel

I would be quite surprised to see Rebellion go back to AER, but never say never, again the AER 2.4 is still too small for a turbo motor in my mind, but for sure a much better motor than it was.......like I said earlier, based on what the Nissan did at LeMans qualy in 2017, its either the Nissan or the Mechachrome......

if it was my choice, I'd go with the Mechachrome, slightly bigger capacity than the Nissan, so it wont need to rev as high.......and a far more tidy hot-V single turbo package that will lend itself well to helping the rear aero package.