View Single Post
Old 24 Dec 2017, 14:29 (Ref:3789005)   #3817
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Peter, you're a true Chef! If you look at the spécialités many regions of France can offer, its worth a gastronomique travel. Well, not of them of course…*Can the wonderful island of Corsica can be included in the compliment, I dunno. By the way, what is exactly Yorkshire pudding? I shouldn't ask because we have two nice Yorkies at home!

Mike, the story about Chapman and Le Mans makes me uncomfortable to say the least. Our local competitors' attitude supported by the organiser has been unfair. The obstinacy of some to use the Panhard flat twin, pathetic and asthmatic under its 750 cc form, can't explain this attitude. At least Rédélé used a 4 cylindre engine which, combined with numerous cars, good and reliable drivers and a very good aerodynamic gave the results he got. Honestly what could a Panhard engine do against a Climax? The best flat twin mods I ever saw was 2 Manx heads on it. But it was almost impossible to keep the crank inside its case!
Gerard, a little anecdote for you regarding Yorkshire Pudding -

The daughter of a friend of mine here has a French boyfriend, & the first time he was treated to an English Sunday roast at her home, he went home & told his mother all about Yorkshire Pudding. She was horrified & told him he must never go there again - she is a dog-lover & someone in the past had evidently rather naughtily told her that Yorkshire Pudding was made from Yorkshire Terriers!

She has now been convinced that is not true & they are all friends.

Joyeux Noel et Bonne Annee!