Thread: IMSA IMSA : 2019
View Single Post
Old 11 Feb 2018, 20:56 (Ref:3800554)   #138
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
"The rules are the same, except the BoP". It's the same, except how they're applied. Very good.
You missed the point. The ACO wasn't going to change anything until TOYOTA asked them to.

Quote:
You keep talking about Porsche and how projects were in the works, as if I've implied that the sudden change of direction from the ACO was in reaction to Porsche. I didn't say that.
You did imply it with your repeated claims that the manufacturer situation has caused the ACO to go "running back" to the privateer teams. There was no cause for concern when only Audi had left, after all.

Quote:
If you want to continue that, there's an ACO forum for it.
While we may have been dragging this a bit far, since it's all directly related to the matter that's causing some issues for IMSA, I wouldn't call this being too far off-topic. But if you're really worried about it, I'll be glad to make this my last reply. You can make one last response if you wish and we'll move on.

Quote:
This is the IMSA forum, and IMSA shouldn't change anything just because the WEC is sucking up to one person and disregarding everybody else. Again.
The ACO isn't sucking up to one person. They're sucking up to a PROMOTER. Ignore the promoters, and you'll lose them. Without promoters the series has to promote events themselves, which costs them more money, which makes it harder to survive.