View Single Post
Old 30 Mar 2018, 10:44 (Ref:3811896)   #320
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I understand the irony, and not being a subscriber to Autosport any more (they had my money for 40 odd years; that was enough), I cannot say whether this article is a new one, a repeat or a re-hash of one that they did about 2 years ago.

At that time they also put the article, which was a critical piece about Mr E giving Sky the sole broadcasting rights to the UK behind their paywall. In turn, I started a thread on the Autosport forum pointing out the irony of Autosport (who do allow non-subscribers a certain number of free views of most of their articles on their website) deciding that an article criticising BCE for signing a contract to put broadcasting behind a paywall should also be put behind a paywall. That is irony!

It is also ironic that most responders in that thread understood what I meant, but replies from the Autosport team indicated that the irony whizzed straight over their heads.

This is a new article as it had new information in the form that sky have control over who has the FTA element for the British GP and highlights package. As the deal was done when BT was in competition with BT sport Bernie got a deal for $1 Billion over 5 years (enough to run a top midfield F1 team over the same period or pay Ferrari's contribution from F1).