View Single Post
Old 25 May 2018, 11:52 (Ref:3824544)   #1077
villeneuve
Racer

Germany
Germany
villeneuve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
While Martin Haven is a really nice guy, I could not listen to his commentary for any longer than 2, 3 hours.

Are you sure Eurosport Player in Poland does not offer English commentary? If it's anything like in Germany you can switch between several languages and a no commentary stream which IIRC is also commercial free.

There's also an unofficial Eurosport Player addon for Kodi so that depending on your system you can squeeze out the best image and you can circumvent any troubles than can occur viewing via webbrowser.
The official Eurosport Player app for Android sucks, depending on the device it will even geo-block you for no reason.

Synchronizing Eurosport Player no-commentary stream to RLM isn't that difficult since there are many cues by which one can go and it doesn't need to be perfect anyway since RLM doesn't include the soundtrack from the host broadcaster. The last years there were always multiple video streams from RLM itselft and manufacturer like Ford that included the RLM audio so those can help with synchronizing, too.
In the past there were also pirated streams on YouTube that had very good Eurosport Player+RLM coverage.

I'm no fan of Eurosport Player in any way BTW, quite the contrary really one reason being their customer service is as awful as it gets, but I think the WEC streaming service is even worse. The only thing that has as a plus are the multiple inboard camera streams.