View Single Post
Old 9 Jun 2018, 01:54 (Ref:3827765)   #1110
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Obviously not, and the _permanent circuit_ cameras aren't out of operation of course. BUT as per usual for Wed/Thu the _outer circuit_ won't have actual television cameras, only CCTV for the use of race control and commentary booths. LM24 sessions can make through that 'fine' because selected entries have onboard cameras to supplement the lack of trackside cameras. Plus in practice and qualifying cars are scattered all around the track, so there's always stuff happening in the television-covered permanent circuit. Not all of them are bunched together in a line at Mulsanne or wherever like they are in race situation, most certainly in short sprint race.

So with RTLM they probably figure out it would look relatively bad if they showed the race live without the cameras. Or at least that's the excuse I'm giving them. I still think it makes no sense to have that first race on Thursday if no-one outside the circuit can see it. It decreases my interest for the second race too, it's like jumping to watch NASCAR race only after the first competition caution 'stage' or whatever they're called

The real solution to everything would be to have permanent cameras for every session of Wednesday and Thursday, but unfortunately that looks to be too much asked. Obviously they are saving money here, to the detriment of most of all support races. HOWEVER at least I'm happy they fixed the situation for the actual weekend back in 2015. Before that the outer circuit cameras were always shut down between 10-11PM Saturday evening and only came back well into morning sunshine. Now we have the full race covered which is the most important thing. For that we should be grateful for the ACO, non-stop full circuit coverage from morning warm-up to checkered flag on Sunday

Last edited by Deleted; 9 Jun 2018 at 02:05.