View Single Post
Old 12 Jun 2018, 12:18 (Ref:3828634)   #25
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlands99 View Post
I MUST agree to a certain extent and also think that Toyota should be admired for sticking around after Audi and Porsche decided to do a runner.

However, when Hulkenberg won for Porsche, I didn't hear much of the 'team spirit' from him bearing in mind that the brilliant long night stint by Nick Tandy won them the race and there was not much comment from him regarding the help that Mark Webber gave during the build up. Some (not all) F1 drivers could do with being be a little more humble on occasions and to realize that WEC/Blancpain etc is a lot more about teamwork than just them.

Saying that though, so far, Fred has been top notch - very happy to be part of Toyota, knows how big a challenge it is going to be, that it is not quite a forgone conclusion and very happy to big up his teammates regarding the help that he is getting. The difference with him also is that he is bloody quick in anything that he drives and the consummate professional, so. I say good luck to him and Toyota but I do sometimes understand the negative press that this is getting and just hope that there are not too many of the expected 'Alonso wins Le Mans' headlines without acknowledging the rest of the team.
Was he 'top notch' at SPA? he might have been sharing the car that won, but he got the headlines! And at the LM test day he had New tyres for every run to top the time sheets!