View Single Post
Old 20 Jun 2018, 16:40 (Ref:3832148)   #2107
Akrapovic
Veteran

Australia
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
My point was, that as a spectator I enjoyed the race and whilst even a numpty like me can see (and be impressed by) the sheer accelleration of the Toyotas, the other teams entered and knew the rules. Why argue about the result when all we are doing is reducing a mammoth effort of endurance to numbers?

Rail against the rules before you see the result. Don't complain after you've entered, seen, and/or enjoyed the event.
Again, I'm not trying to be difficult here - but many did complain (including myself) that this issue was very predictable before the race. Also, enjoying something doesn't mean you're not allowed to suggest issues. I think anyone claiming this years Le Mans was great and had no problems worth discussing just because they enjoyed it is blinkered. I love Le Mans every year...this year I enjoyed it, but it doesn't make it great. I also love Spa 24, but I'm not going to pretend that it's good in its current format.

If someone then says "yes but it's exactly like 2000" and someone else posts "actually it wasn't, here's the facts" then I don't think the person with stats should be the one who is poked fun at for that. ederss7 was spot on with his analysis. Some of us love stats and figures (it's kinda part of sportscars), and although I will probably be on my own on this one, I find the "Well I enjoyed the race" posts a little tiring - as if we're all meant to sit and post "Yes, that was jolly good. Not much more to discuss except how great it was. Wasn't it great chaps? Everyone agreed? Good!".

Also, the other teams agreed to a ruleset that was 0.5 seconds a lap slower than Toyota. Ask ederss what the gap was. Cos you know, that's worth discussing. But it was jolly good too.