View Single Post
Old 20 Jun 2018, 17:05 (Ref:3832162)   #2112
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I think anyone claiming this years Le Mans was great and had no problems worth discussing just because they enjoyed it is blinkered.
An interesting - and indeed perfectly fair point, but it fails to take into account the subjective angle on what is and what isn't 'great'. Take me for example. Le Mans is the highlight of my year. I look forward to it immensely and I'll admit to pining for it when it's over and I'm back here at home on Tenths reading what people have said about it. What is 'great' to me may be wholly different to what is 'great' to someone else. I don't have any need to dissect the race and analyse the stats. Nor do I need to compare Toyota's advantage in 2018 to someone else's in 2000 and whatever. The race engaged me enough and I was pleased with the outcome. If the Rebs or SMP had been able to press Toyota, yes, I'm sure I'd have enjoyed that a lot, but it didn't happen and even I with my limited knowledge knew it wasn't going to. Hell, early in the week, Bart actually told me that they couldn't challenge Toyota but he was perfectly sanguine about it. Neither he nor I felt the need to stamp our feet and shout about it.

So yes, Le Mans was 'great' for me and barring some disaster, it was always going to be. If that makes me idiotically superficial in my approach to the event, I don't much care. In fact, it was significantly 'greater' for me than 2017 which, as races go, was pretty disappointing. But then again, it was still 'great' because it was Le Mans and I was lucky enough to be there - and I didn't feel the need to consult the EoT details at any time to know that....

Last edited by Aysedasi; 20 Jun 2018 at 17:11.