Thread: IMSA DPi Discussion
View Single Post
Old 6 Jul 2018, 22:27 (Ref:3835079)   #3309
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
yeah, but the whole point of the P2 portion of the P class is that Euro/global cars can come over and race unmodified. letting IMSA P2s do Anything different might hinder that ... though I cannot imagine anything hinders it more than the double-whammy of bad BoP and Continental tires.
In my scenario, the classes would have been split, so there would still be a place for our European friends. The modified P2s would become DPis.

I had just watched the '01 6 hours at the Glen with Jon Field and Oliver Gavin leading in that B98/10 Lola when I posted this. I'd still like to see that (meaning, buy a chassis, pick an engine, and go racing) continue in the future.

Everyone hates BOP, but IMSA are the best at it. That might be a controversial opinion around here, but I think it's true.