Thread: Rules Future Rule Changes
View Single Post
Old 26 Jul 2018, 13:03 (Ref:3838880)   #3050
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
I really love being told what I am thinking by the powers that be:

It won't happen as it would not be exotic enough "for the fans"

1st off the 2.2 litre Indycar engine for $43 000 is a proper racing engine and would with more boost happily produce 1000 hp.

2nd I would love to see a member vote as to whether they would rather see racing limited to three $8 million each PU's or better racing with as many $43 000 each 2.2 engines as the entrant wishes to use. I know my vote is for the latter.

Perhaps a Mod would like to institute a pole of the members - I would love to see the result.
I second the Indycar engine suggestion. It would be a great commonsense idea.

If they reduced the power to 700hp that would be good too, as it would require a pairing back of the draggy high downforce levels that some F1 fans seem to hate.

These days, the F1 car is 734kg compared to the Indycar's 730 kg. I am little shocked to learn F1 cars as heavy as Indycars now. The old Indycars always seemed so lumbering compared to the svelte F1 cars of old.

The F1 car might be around 40-50kg lighter in minimum weight trim without the battery and MGUH and K, but would have to carry 50kg more fuel at the start of the race of course.