View Single Post
Old 27 Jul 2018, 21:16 (Ref:3839188)   #169
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Almost too close to the truth to be funny.

It’s sad, it really is. I know nothing lasts forever, and Williams have no pre-ordained entitlement to run at the front, but I grew up watching Formula 1 in the late 80s and early 90s, when they were dominant. To see them (and McLaren) tugging around towards the back is painful, as it must have been for the generation who grew up on Lotus and Brabham and had to watch them crawl towards their slow deaths.
Actually I grew up on Lotus and BRM, and it was really sad to see it all go down the tubes, especially as I went on to work for Lotus (Cars) in the heyday of the 79. It was also sad to see the end of Tyrell. And now it's sad to see McLaren and Williams as shadows of their former selves. However Williams at least has been there before (about 1977/8?) and managed to pull themselves up to a position of dominance. Who know! Go for it Claire!