Thread: Team Ferrari: in F1
View Single Post
Old 6 Sep 2018, 09:20 (Ref:3848460)   #76
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
OK - what is the official instruction from FiA to Ferrari?
If or when the FiA decide to release to the public the "official instruction", I'll be the first to post it here.

Quote:
The overheating camera issue still remains, hence the covering of a cockpit with an umbrella. If it was to shield what the camera was seeing (as some people looking for a conspiracy theory have speculated), then an umbrella would serve no purpose.
Is that your best analysis is it? If so, could you please give me your expert opinion on why if covering the cockpit with an umbrella is indeed to prevent the FOM camera from overheating (as ignoramus fans would have you believe), then why is the camera outside of the covered area in the photo below?? And, why would the camera also need a wall of Ferrari personnel around the car? Is it's to keep the cooler air contained right next to the camera, hence, cooling the camera? Yeah??

That photo above is from the starting grid in Monza, post FiA notice. Note the FOM camera is outside of the covered cockpit. And the umbrella does indeed serve the purpose to shied what the camera can see inside the cockpit and/or steering wheel.

As I've stated previously, the dry ice bag does not contain "dry ice". It has been placed over the camera when the bag was completely empty. See photo below.

It has been placed over the camera when it was full. But as anyone with half a brain could see, the bag below is not a bag full of "dry ice".

Quote:
What we do know though is that:
"We" do?? Maybe it's just you?

You cut and pasted a paragraph taken from THIS article. But conveniently, you did not post a link to the article. Why? Is that because in that very same article, it goes on to say:

Quote:
The practice has caught the eye of rival teams. It prompted speculation Ferrari was covering its camera to prevent the team’s activities being observed in between runs during practice and qualifying.

RaceFans has learned Ferrari took the decision to cover its camera partly in response to an incident at a previous race weekend when a rear-facing camera was accidentally activated while the car was in the garage. This resulted in footage of sensitive parts of its car including the engine and rear suspension being broadcast.
So the same article you tried to use as evidence that the Ferrari FOM camera is "overheating", also states that Ferrari are purposefully covering the camera to prevent sensitive footage being recorded/broadcasted. Hmmm..

There are quite a few articles on the net about the FiA notice to stop Ferrari using the "dry ice bag" (or some other item, as Ferrari has done previously) to cover the FOM camera. Most are in non English (Italian, German, French, etc.) There's THIS article I found that is in English with a quick Google. It quotes an article from a German source namely Auto motor und sport. I'm sure there maybe more mainstream news sources in English when the F1 circus heads to the next round in Singapore and the word gets around.

Until then, ciao bella!