Thread: Driver 2019 F1 Silly Season
View Single Post
Old 6 Sep 2018, 21:28 (Ref:3848557)   #256
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I think the above post sums it up nicely. Kimi just isn’t quick enough to back up Vettel properly
Kimi has been no.2 ever since he returned to the team in place of Massa, who was ironically, the guy who generally had the upper hand (even if Kimi won the 07 title) in their battle up until his eye injury when the team appeared to be letting both drivers go for it.

Kimi was nowhere near Alonso as no.2 but has been much closer to Vettel in the same role.

I think that is more about the task/opportuniies he was given alongside each driver rather than a bad mark against his talent.

Some posters continue to bang the same drum about his lack of form and pace but when a driver is already restricted to a subordinate role, he ain't gonna be winning races very often.

In fact this could well apply to Vandoorne as well as Kimi!

When Kimi has been released to get on with it he has shown the pace, very rare they let him though. Silverstone was a cracking reminder of what he can do as was Monza.

Rubens was often considered average against Schu but when they gave him the strategy, he was right there which proved he was working for the team.

I think some of us perceive things differently. In F1 what seems the obvious is quite often not the case at all!!