View Single Post
Old 22 Nov 2018, 22:52 (Ref:3865115)   #117
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
it's based on a quote from frits van amersfoort speaking to radio 5 live when he said the following:

on that basis, if the car was fitted with a halo, it would have been between her and the structure, right? don't get me wrong, i think the halo isn't a great solution to the problem it's trying to solve but suspect that this is one of those cases where it would have at least reduced the amount of damage the accident did to her spine. which is what it's there for, isn't it?

i respect her and her family for being so open about the operation and her injury. hopefully she carries on posting reasonably frequently about her journey back to race fitness - like midgetman says, she has quite a high profile at the moment and perhaps she'll be able to carry that forward and get some more money behind her.
Despite the baggers, the HALO (not my choice either) seems to have been a good compromise, certainly way better than leading with your head in an accident, and at least its implementation is progressing, pity it wasn't on Florsch's car already as it would I agree probably significantly reduced to injuries she suffered.

Significant other injuries in the spectators too.

Update of Sophia's condition: 11 hour operation!

https://www.crash.net/f3/news/910737...essful-surgery