Thread: IMSA Race 2019 Rolex 24 at Daytona
View Single Post
Old 18 Jan 2019, 17:58 (Ref:3877033)   #8
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I still think stock Oreca 07 could win this. Their general pace is lower now, but not particularly lower to most of the years they've been balanced against the rebadged chassis or DPG3 earlier... it doesn't require too many of the lead class cars to retire to have normal LMP2 up there. And I'm not just talking about the AERs in Riley-'Mazdas' eventually and obviously expiring, there have been some gremlins in the others too

And yes they have pay drivers in rotation in them but that doesn't matter in a race where you receive gift laps back for free of charge, just stick your platinum for the last restarts. Now, last year you only had four cautions, and some suggested that being due to the lack of LMPC / low amount of cars but I'm not entirely convinced of that event just being odd duck... happy to be proven wrong of course

Anyway. NBC ad breaks surely can't be as bad as with FOX? Not that the international viewers will see it, nor the peacock box. And for BoP, it can still get reversed after practice and qualifying, one shouldn't really get too fixed on that yet...