View Single Post
Old 2 Feb 2019, 14:03 (Ref:3881327)   #21
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbodcc View Post
not sure on the design being honest. But reading the few articles that have come out over the years it looks like the last two years have seen big changes at the company, between new bosses etc.. They had said its been an iteration of the previous or something with a rev increase.

My two cents would be this, AER look like they have motors much more suited to the IMSA power requirements. That P60 V6 looks good for easily getting at least some more torque.

For me this comes down to Mazda. Mazda want the I4, that much is clear. How many years has it been? An zero input from factory? Why would AER want to continue to race an I4 2litre motor that is required to run so much harder than the competition???

I mean look at the BOP for Daytona! they are the lightest car at 905kg, smallest capacity by miles, highest revving by miles, lowest air/fuel ratio, second highest fuel capacity!

Im no expert on the matter, would like if some of the tech heads on here could comment, but the 5.5litre caddy is using a 70litre tank! 2l mazda on 79litres..... What sort of dame power are they having to pull out of that poor motor!??? An the caddy, granted with ex F1 drivers in some cases, looks faster.

No way AER, having a LMP1 WEC engine that supposedly runs very lean would be pushing to run those numbers if they had the choice.

As for the car itself, well I know Multimatic got involved heavily this year, and maybe homologation rules are stopping them, but surely the car cant be as good as the rest.
well you need to consider that 2L mazda has about 2.4-2.5bar for the whole rpm range, basically it's just like if it was a NA 5L.
Aside that, the answer is simple.... GM 5.5 has a 7600rpm revlimiter but likely drivers upshift below 7000rpm because of the excess of torque; while, as shown by jarvis onboard, mazda drivers need to catch up to 9000rpm to reach the top power.
A smaller engine has worse consumes because has to rev higher to reach a X power that a larger engine reaches at lower rpm's.
It basically work the same way with street cars.

Recall 2017 season, GM 6.2 had better fuel miliage than anyone else with a 64L fuel tank lol (courtesy also of bopped low downforce rear wing and longer gear ratios).

Despite everything, I'm quite sure that mazda 2L pushes not less than 620hp, considering that reached 312km/h (194mph) before bus stop even though a mandatory HD aero setting and a natural high drag design.