View Single Post
Old 4 Feb 2019, 20:25 (Ref:3881955)   #2417
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
That's not too far from me. Unfortunately I never made my way down for a stock car meet at Belle Vue; when I was there, most of my weekends were spent at the Showcase cinemas down the road. Thanks for reminding me of a long-held dream Ayse, I need to make time to get to see what could be the last meet at the stadium.

While I understand the push for regeneration, the demolition petition is utterly vile - I'd be all for demolition if it did rid the surrounding area of all the advertised ills, but that's not how life works. You would just get all the same problems around the homes, in even closer proximity to the public.

FWIW, I've signed. I suspect I know which way the council will go (what with the disproportionately large funding gap), but this one hits close to home.