View Single Post
Old 4 Mar 2019, 19:47 (Ref:3888269)   #165
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Looking at the United Autosports thing a little more - the more you look at it, the worse it gets.

The one entry they have is for AsLMS. The ELMS Entry appears 3rd on the reserve list. UA finished 4th in ELMS. DragonSpeed, Panis Barthez, TDS Racing, Graff, Algarve and Vilorba Corse all finished behind them and gained entries. They're also behind Duqueine and High Class on the reserves, who they also beat.

You could argue "they have an entry, why do they need more?" but that argument falls down quickly when we have 4 Ford and 4 Porsches. I suspect that the DPi project may get a little more funding now.

Looking at GTE-Am, it makes even less sense. #55 Spirit of Race is a little bit of an odd one to put in, but 2 Kessel Racing cars? Meanwhile, Ebimotors step up from GT3 to GTE-Am and actually lose a slot? Proton have managed to secure 4 entries as well - ok 2 of those are WEC, and one is for the ELMS GTE-Am victory, but how is the 4th justified?

It's pretty easy to make an argument for removing the following cars:

Pro
#69 Ford
#94 Porsche

Am
#55 Spirit of Race
#60 Kessel Racing
#78 Proton

You could extend that to include another factory car from Ford and Porsche, but it's getting a bit much at that point. But I'd argue that certainly another United Autosports entry, Duqueine and High Class deserve entries over these cars. And I'd include Ebimotors, since they stepped up in the way the ACO wanted them to.

MSR...I want them to be in, but I can see why they aren't. But that low on the reserve list is a bit crazy. But again, if we weren't flooding the GTE-Pro ranks with factory cars then we'd get fun entries like this.

Edit: And I don't care that the Ginetta didn't make it on. Sorry, this is just another LMP3 mess. Had plenty of chances, but didn't make it again.
I agree with much of what you said.
For me personally, I would remove the Risi car as well.
I like Risi, I really do, but since they don't race anywhere I don't think they deserve their entry as much as others do. See Ginetta ...

I think the 4th Proton car is indeed for winning Le Mans.
IIRC they could take up that invitation because they had an active eligable car. That would not have been the case if they only had 2 WEC cars and none in ELMS.