View Single Post
Old 6 Mar 2019, 20:26 (Ref:3888764)   #172
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I do agree, but I don't think we should ask Ginetta. The AM GTs have taken priority because Ginetta aren't even putting in the effort to be there anymore. They even said they won't do Spa if they didn't get a LM entry. They blamed everybody but themselves for the state the project is in, and expected to be able to fail to turn up to events they had committed to.

A new manufacturer not getting a LM entry because an Am GT team took it would be sad. Ginetta were given multiple chances, couldn't make it work. It's time to give those spots to teams who will actually make the race and appreciate it.

Might sound harsh, but it is what it is. When the Ginetta LMP1 thread started, a bunch of us said "they better not mess this up like the LMP3", and here we are. Limited sympathy.

As Aysedasi has pointed out - has Ginetta asked? Or are they using this as an excuse? "We didn't get a LM entry, now we won't bother doing Spa". Remember when they blamed the ACO for not letting them run Silverstone, claiming the car was ready? And then it turns out it wasn't? Looks awfully familiar here.
Ginetta had asked for entries per what GG said on MP podcast. And they didn't strictly say they wouldn't do Spa otherwise... as in it wasn't a threat, but just 'we might do it'... but anyway now that they indeed have been rejected, going to Spa would obviously be pointless and waste of time and money

Technically their LMP3 chassis never was bad-bad, even after the 'factory' support had ended and most of the original Ginetta teams switched to the stock French option, the chassis managed to beat most of the Onroaks at RLM that one year. And the car is still run at times, about as much as ADESS. Obviously not even mentioning Riley and stillborn Dome

Anyway as I've said before I firmly believe that any LMP1 should be on the grid, regardless of anything else. Also, Average Joe who only watches Le Mans per year isn't going to understand why you would have random clone neverheard GTE-AMs chosen over LMP1 cars