View Single Post
Old 26 Mar 2019, 08:56 (Ref:3893441)   #1254
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes indeed. I am somewhat appalled by the approach taken by Parliament. And yes, I think I made the point some time ago that all they've been doing is trying to reach a consensus among themselves rather than just get on with things.

As to a good or bad outcome; I think the best way to deal with this was always to leave without a deal. After the initial shock the system would cope and we could then get on with not only doing deals elsewhere but also with the EU, which really doesn't want to lose the UK marketplace.

By attempting to reach consensus all we've done is allow the EU to control the process and attempt to trap us into staying in the union without any voting rights or crucially without the benefit of EU contributions. In other words a free pass.

Can't blame the EU at all because whilst they have not negotiated in good faith (it takes two gentlemen to reach a gentlemen's agreement) they have taken advantage of a completely useless PM who can either not see, or doesn't want to see the damage she has wrought on the nation.