View Single Post
Old 27 Mar 2019, 09:16 (Ref:3893655)   #1266
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
That's just tosh. To anyone in the real world leave meant no longer being part of the EU therefore making our own deals under WTO regulations. People understood that, and still understand it despite massive water-muddying ever since.

Canada Plus, Common Market 2, all these have been invented since the referendum to try to keep membership by the back door.

It was quite clear - leave or stay. Stay as part of the trading bloc or leave and not pay through the nose to be part of that trading bloc. What's difficult about that?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Max, it is quite probable that a large number of those that voted either way that they fully understood, or at least had a good understanding of, the meanings of the choice between staying and leaving. And I would hazard a guess that would include most if not all on here.

But, out there, there was also a fair number of those that voted who didn't understand the consequences or what it meant and just voted the way that friends and family did. There was also a considerable element who also didn't understand or didn't care either way, but wanted to give the government (or the "elite" or whatever) a damn good kicking.

However, although I voted to remain, I fully accept that we lost, and all I want is for the politicians to stop fannying about, vote for the deal and let us all get on with our lives.