View Single Post
Old 14 May 2019, 03:24 (Ref:3903617)   #1
Ted T.
Rookie

United States
Newport Beach, CA
Ted T. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lola T240-15 History

[FONT="Times New Roman"]Dear Chris, I would like to clear up several misquotes on the site over the ownership and drivers of my car. In regards to my Lola T240-15. I purchased the T240-15 directly from Charlie Hays. The car was 100% the Hiss car. Yes, the car was rolled in Mexico and Hays rebuilt it and used a stronger and thicker Aluminum for the tub. They also made several other upgrades (rear wing, larger intake for the radiator, etc.). I drove this car from May 1972 until Feb 1973.

Then off to England to race in the John Players and BP Atlantic Series with a New Brabham BT 40-33.

When I purchased the Lola T240-15, it was Orange in color, and I raced it in this color and sold the car in this color. I also sold it with a Jennings Prepared, Hart Big Valve Lotus Twin Cam. In Sept. of 72, I raced the car in my first pro race at Riverside Raceway. I started 26 out of 36 and finished 10.

I attended the 1972 Run Offs in Atlanta and had the pleasure to meet a gentleman (Bill Bachman) that was racing the ex Moran car HU005. I believe it was dark blue. 100% he told me, it was Moran's car. I remember looking over his car and all the strengthening that had been done to the tub. As far as I know, my car #15 was raced and wrecked by Hiss. Hiss is the only driver to have raced this car before I bought it from Hayes. When I purchased the car, it was in perfect condition. No issues at all.

I was contacted years later by a gentleman in Northern Cal that purchased the car after me, and it was now painted dark blue. He still had the Lotus Twin Cam in the car.

I now own chassis T242-17 which I'm restoring. I can tell you #17 has a lot of modifications from the factory as delivered. I hope this helps with the history of the cars. I love what you do for racing. Ted
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 72 Runoffs.pdf (233.3 KB, 1 views)