Thread: John Smith
View Single Post
Old 21 May 2019, 19:30 (Ref:3905129)   #19
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Paulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I

Hi Tim,

John told me about you both having lunch together 😀

I know what John meant and I was dubious coming to live here in November 2017. But this place is very different to the standard old people’s home. I recovered from nearly dying earlier that year in a BUPA Care Home and most of the residents were much older than me in their 80’s which I found hard to deal with.

Here at Whiteley Village, we have a golf course, putting green, bowling green, swimming pool, snooker, table tennis, a village hall where films and shows are held, church, photography club, gym, whist and bridge clubs plus woods you could almost get lost in. We also have an excellent restaurant and bar which are very reasonable. Have I sold it to you yet 😂. John certainly bought it when I brought him here for the first time last July.

The residents here are very fit in mind and body for their ages thanks to all the amenities. Ages span from the 60’s to the 90’s and even some centenarians.

It is incredibly sad that you didn’t get to see him again and I am so glad that I had a wonderful 11 months togetherness since we met up again last June and he loved being here even if it was for only five weeks 😟

John also would not smoke in his new home because we cleaned everything before he left Lightwater. He did have the odd smoke on the outside balcony but he had cut down dramatically. He did say that he had to have one vice 😀

However my life will never be the same again and I miss him so much.

Yes he is alive in spirit but walking along from my flat to his and not being able to have a laugh and chat, I feel robbed because John was a person you could chat to about your concerns, the news, Brexit!! or simply chew the cud, especially the motor racing variety 😉😉

Life is a real b***h at times 😡

Last edited by Paulaweybridge; 21 May 2019 at 19:49.