View Single Post
Old 17 Jun 2019, 13:01 (Ref:3912422)   #1880
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
I also see Lopez as the weakest of the 3 drivers on the #7, however I think his last stint was imo his least unimpressive. He didn't do much wrong and everything that went wrong was none of his fault.
They could have changed Lopez to Conway but probably not at the first puncture: if all went right there, Lopez would have brought it home, and there was too much panic already. Maybe putting Conway in would have been too short a call anyway at that time?
For the second puncture they had 4-5 minutes, so could get Conway ready if they wanted.
However I doubt it would have made any difference at all. Conway couldn't have done much more than Lopez already did. Maybe the gap would have been a few seconds closer but not 20.

I feared Lopez was going to bin it, but ultimatly he didn't. Given the circumstances I think he did well on his last stint.

Last edited by gert; 17 Jun 2019 at 13:26.