View Single Post
Old 21 Sep 2019, 16:25 (Ref:3929249)   #90
PhilClayton61
Rookie

PhilClayton61 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A bit of a late addition to this thread I know, but I've only just joined the forum (excuses, excuses I know...).
Anyhow, a snippet of info relayed to us (me and my partner) when we enquired with a Silverstone official as to why Becketts was closed on Sunday..
Apparently they had received a number of complaints (from spectators??) during saturday's ELMS about sight lines etc being blocked by advertising hoardings/banners etc.
Mmmmm we were in Becketts on saturday and although there were banners erected around The Loop it only meant the cars were out of sight for a second.
The second part of this story is that for the WEC race we'd decided to watch from Becketts so after the pitlane walkabout we took the shuttle-bus over and alighted, only to find the g'stand all locked up. So we headed back to the bus stop... on the way we chatted to the young lady at the sole burger bar, she said her boss was livid with Silverstone as they'd told him to set up on of his outlets there and now it looked like they'd get no trade.
Definitely a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand was up to methinks.
Despite this organisational b@11s up, we had a brilliant weekend and thoroughly enjoyed both 4 hour races