View Single Post
Old 25 Oct 2019, 11:46 (Ref:3936691)   #132
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiorentina 1 View Post
It should have!

That issue is complete junk btw. I read it at the newsstand in 3-minutes like the old days before I actually had money to waste on a weekly magazine. I use to read them and buy maybe 10 issues a year. Now, I buy them as habit; until the 11 quid nonsense obviously! And to be honest with you, I have 1/2 dozen issues sitting on my desk that I haven't actually read yet, going back to late 2018 (F1 in 50 years or something, Kubica, Women in motorsports, some Alonso/ McLaren b.s, 917 tribute, etc, etc. I'll read them during Christmas holiday.

So, at the end of the day, these fool are actually saving me money.
Even before the price increase I can't understand how people were still buying it. The last issue I looked at ran to only 74 pages, compared to back when I was reading it regularly and it was a minimum of 110 pages and often upto around 132. When you factor in the magazine still has the roughly 20 pages of classified ads, etc, and I'm sure they haven't reduced to amount of advert pages inside the magazine, it's an even bigger cut proportionally. I'd love to see a comparison in word count from the magazine in the mid 90s to the magazine today. I'd bet on there being less than 1/3 of the words in it!