Thread: New SUVs
View Single Post
Old 20 Nov 2019, 20:32 (Ref:3941828)   #359
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That Aston will for sure sell well. That'll go into the high end Range Rover market.

I seen Chris Harris making a ridiculous statement on Twitter about do these companies not look/feel stupid making constant SUVs. Or something along those lines. I like Chris Harris, but what a weird thing to say. SUVs sell well. People want to buy SUVs. So they make SUVs. So no, of course they're happy making them.

There's now a market for high end SUVs. Aston needed to be in that market. Arguably Ford did too...just not with that.

And whilst on the topic of electric cars, I seen another stupid tweet and a bandwagon of comments afterwards. Someone had problems with an electric Mercedes and needed the battery replaced (which was done under warranty...). To which he finished off with "Clearly the future is not electric". What, because one (or multiple) broke? We have breakdown services dedicated to scooping up broken petrol cars from the side of the road, and that didn't kill the petrol car? Or are Alfa Romeos now 100% reliable? Maybe the future isn't electric. But it has absolutely nothing to do with some reliability issues. Otherwise my 2006 Fiesta would've killed the ICE overnight.

People are weird man. If the Ford doesn't sell well it isn't because it's an SUV or because it's electric. It's because it's a Mustang for people who don't really want a Mustang. Maybe at this point Ford needs a premium brand like Honda/Acura, and it's decided that Mustang is the name it's going to use.