View Single Post
Old 25 Nov 2019, 08:08 (Ref:3942697)   #81
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Umai Naa, there's a reason I looked at changes that didn't require circuit extension or wholesale changes, really. I blunted my own mention of a reverse of direction even right from the off.

In actual fact, the original Newcastle proposal kind of had the first item on my list. That kink before Turn 1 was farther back from the corner proper, and less pronounced as well.

I'm kind of suspicious, given the amount such things keep getting mentioned by the commentators, including Skaife, that there is a certain amount of intentionally trying to put bits of other street circuits in, rather than necessarily making the best use out of what Newcastle actually has to offer. In particular, it's things like the Parkland sweeps and hairpin from Adelaide, and the approach to Turn 1 from Surfers Paradise, that keep coming up.

So yes, I know there are definite limitations here, but then again, I'm fairly certain there are some bits that could be done decidedly better in terms of helping things on the racing front.