View Single Post
Old 11 Dec 2019, 19:35 (Ref:3946203)   #127
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
I've seen the movie three times now (It's the only movie I've ever seen in theaters three times) and it's still excellent. I've been telling everyone I know to see it.

Historical inaccuracies aside (There's only a couple that really bug me, TBH), they just made a really, really good film. In an age of stale superhero films and preachy political lambasting, truly good films are all too rare. The fact that it's a racing movie, about Le Mans, is just the icing on the cake.

I have to admit, I actually enjoy the Road Atlanta cameos. It's kinda fun to recognize the place from my trip to PLM in 2013.
I've seen it once, thought it was really good and I plan to go back to check it out again - I'd tweaked my back and wasn't comfortable so without that distraction, reckon it'll be even better 2nd time round. Agree with you that it's a really good movie & the fact that it's about racing (& racing people) is icing on the cake.