View Single Post
Old 21 Jan 2020, 16:44 (Ref:3952618)   #317
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Interestingly the potential for being able to "drive" old versions of a circuit may be tempting to some.

I wonder if any of the sims offer digital versions of the previous iterations of Spa for example.
Here is a guy competing in a sim of the 1955 Belgian GP at the old Spa. It is using the game Grand Prix Legends.
(Funnily enough I posted a Shell review of the (actual) same race in the Historic video thread a few days ago) The sound of the real cars is much better than the game!)

The actual race starts just before 7 mins in. Before that is all abouts set up and reviews etc (The guy did a re-run of the whole 1955 WDC events).

The sim of Grand Prix Legends is an old one (I remember buying it at the end of the old millenium,) but physics and graphics have been changed and updated through the years. It has a huge following nowadays, with all sorts of additional old tracks added.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQc8qpw9UHY