Thread: Nissan Leaf
View Single Post
Old 11 Feb 2020, 20:37 (Ref:3957068)   #168
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
Very few EVs can do over 3 miles per KWh except in very favourable conditions .https://whatcar.com/news/what-car-re...l-world/n18161
This test shows the real mileage of the Leaf as 128 miles.

Yes , the grid is prepared for surge events .
The Dinowig generator is there to cope with a several GW surge for a couple of hours , or to balance the frequency restart in case of blackout , but once used , then needs days of taking power back from the grid to refill the reservoir.
But there is still not enough generation capacity in the UK to charge more than a small percent of total road vehicles if they went EV.
Again, I never claimed that an EV can do that? I believe you are building strawmen, because you seem to be making arguments for me.

We continue to talk about grid capacity, ignoring the saving made from petrol refining. In your example, we all move to electric cars, but continue to refine all the petrol at the same rate. What are we refining petrol for now? Fun? This isn't a realistic scenario.

Or, if you want another analogy - Sophie and Jamie have 10 cookies each (cookies are hydrocarbons here). If Sophie eats 6 cookies, she has 4 remaining. Jamie however has decided she doesn't want to waste her cookies eating them now, she's going to save them for later. So she still has 10 cookies. She does not bin 6 of them so she will only have 4 for later.