Old 20 Feb 2020, 15:13 (Ref:3958762)   #97
W2Motorsport
Racer

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
W2Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
What you're suggesting sounds a lot like Superstars (as mentioned by GusGasfuss), the old V8 Star series or the "Solution F" cars used by STCC for a few years. All of those are dead - so that suggests that something isn't right with that idea (although to be fair DTM was running as well - so maybe without DTM in its current form maybe one of those concepts would work).
The Solution F cars were not quite as fast as a GT3 car even, so while the concept is similar the performance of a spec DTM car could far surpass solution F (in cost as well of course). My thought would be to have a spec series as suggested that could match the current DTM cars in terms of lap time and speed. You would continue controlling costs simply by keeping the rules the same and eliminating R&D costs from the budgets of the teams.

Additionally an idea like this could also be an avenue to have a transition period where you can continue to use the existing cars as well. It could first be introduced as a spec option to run alongside BMW and Audi cars.

Of course I'm no expert on the matter, these are just my thoughts or opinions for a fix. Ideally someone would find a way to continue the series as is, because the cars are phenomenal.

Thanks,
Jeff.