View Single Post
Old 29 Feb 2020, 03:02 (Ref:3960528)   #145
benny41
Rookie

benny41 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Iv been thinking about how supercars can get themselves out of this issue. Ultimately they have to find a car type that fits the following criteria
1 similar speed to the current series
2 cheaper to build / maintain than the current series
3 offer good entertainment to the fans
4 Be reliant on no manufacturer support. The adage of win on sunday sell on monday is dead and the sport needs to accept this.

In my mind a version of ta2 ckeeps coming up trumps, get a good spaceframe chassis( nasacar as inspiration?), bring in a rule that allows you to run what ever engine you like but its power controlled and limited to a set number in both tourque , power and fuel economy and dress them with an areodynamically similar body. Use a windtunnel at the start of each season to sort it out and go from there.

I would then try and work out a way to get more teams and cars involved, there should be an aim to get 40 cars on the grid yes you are going to get some gentleman drivers but setup a privateers cup and let them have a separate race before in the race weekend.

The biggest challenge with this will be how to unwind the current rec setup so that the current teams get their investment back and the new teams that want to be involved can get involved it would add massively to the show of supercars as you are going to get more action.

The important part for all this to work is that supercars need to continue to market it well. We can all argue about the decisions that have been made in the past but no matter how you cut and dice it supercars have done a great job in bringing what was a majority privateer sport into most peoples homes on a regular basis. They have done it better than any other motorsport series in this country.

Thats my 2 cents anyway

Last edited by benny41; 29 Feb 2020 at 03:13.