Thread: Isolated Fun?
View Single Post
Old 30 Mar 2020, 13:29 (Ref:3967678)   #98
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
Did you have a look at the circuit Bob .
I do seem to remember walls of railway sleepers as crash barriers right on the edge of some of the bends . So not much room for any mistakes .
Quite right Tel, some very hard things to hit all around the circuit, I attended a lot of meetings including the very first (Post war Viv) one. Main race was the Coronation Cup won by Tony Rolt in Rob Walkers Connaught F2 car. It was a fabulous circuit to spectate at, as you could get quite close to the cars.

To quote someone else 'Happy days'

The Cross Champs did not use the track of course, but still had some tricky descents. I recall the BCCA secretary in suit and tie showing the American team around the course, and at one of the steeper drops they asked "Do you have to ride down that!" Looking rather apprehensive, so Ray got on one of their bikes and made a perfect descent, and he was not an active competitor at that time. Typical Y Better not.

Last edited by bauble; 30 Mar 2020 at 13:35. Reason: Additional material.