View Single Post
Old 13 Apr 2020, 23:20 (Ref:3970649)   #143
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Fair enough. I also would like to see tires that would last/be competitive an entire race.
We had full race tyres before in 2005. Races with no fuel pitstops and no tyre pitstops would be very interesting.

I can't remember why full race tyres were abandoned... I'll need to look up articles from the time.

The rule could have been abandoned because of lobbying from Ferrari and Bridgestone, as their full race tyres were rubbish. Or it could have been because of the US Grand Prix fiasco.

Quote:
The [2005] Indianapolis Formula One Grand Prix descended into farce when just six cars started the race on Sunday. The problem arose when Michelin discovered that its tires were incapable of more than ten laps at race pace. The first indication of trouble was when the rear left tire of Ralf Schumacher's Toyota racecar exploded during practice on Friday.
https://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Micheli...rix_into_farce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingguest View Post
The same could be said about any other part supplied by a third party.
There seems to be less variation in the performance between Akebono, Project Mu and Brembo brakes, for example.

Last edited by V8 Fireworks; 13 Apr 2020 at 23:32.