View Single Post
Old 19 May 2020, 15:12 (Ref:3977169)   #504
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
As Tesla,s battery life Guarantee are only 8 years OR 150,000 miles , which ever comes first .
https://www.tesla.com/support/vehicle-warranty
Then he has been very lucky to have tens of thousands of £ s worth
of replacements done for him .
Or this story is not quite true & is just another advertising blurb for Tesla & EVs
In 2014, as part of their promotion, Tesla were offering infinite mileage warranties on batteries.
https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/blog/infinite-mile-warranty

Is it advertising blurb? Maybe. But then Tesla are not the first in the world to promote a vehicle that has covered an excessive amount of miles.

As to the validity - 'And bust myths he has now done, crossing the 1 million kilometre mark under the watchful eyes of a representative from the Guinness Book of Records to ascertain if the milestone moment does in fact constitute a first by one electric vehicle.'

The issues he experienced in the first few years were common faults across all Model S's.
The issues with the drive unit were all but eliminated when they modified the production line to robotic greasing as opposed to manual.
The second battery has covered 680,000 km. How many people buy a car today expecting to drive it for more than 300,000km over its entire life?