View Single Post
Old 19 May 2020, 21:20 (Ref:3977213)   #176
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
With all of that being said, I think if Vettel was OK with driving for a non-top team, and reduced his salary demands to match the capabilities of those same teams, and showed enthusiasm to remain in the sport, that space would be made for him. But even the mid-field teams like the idea of finding "the next great thing" (especially on the cheap). So some of them may just like the idea of gambling on younger driver vs a prior WDC.
on the cheap or either bringing in money/sponsors.

this may be neither here nor there, but i wonder how effective Seb would be at bringing in sponsors? he does not seem to embrace the social media/self promotion aspect of the job nor has he really had a need to as RB and Ferrari have their own systems/advertising strategies.

even Kimi, by comparison, has taken to social media and brings his own personal sponsors with him...i think that Singha beer is his personal sponsor and there have been a few others over the years.

im sure Seb has done his fair share of commercials but all at the behest of his team i would think (he may do much more for the German market which i would never see though), but could his lack of social media use/lack of personal promotion be hurting him?