View Single Post
Old 26 May 2020, 11:41 (Ref:3978378)   #6053
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
mmm, i think if anything the past few weeks with a slightly relaxed lockdown have shown how the british public absolutely cannot be trusted to act in each others interests. i live in a bit of a tourist trap and the sheer number of people who thought it was ok to drive to our town and walk down some pretty narrow paths rendering them inaccessible for the locals is mindblowing.

i'm happy to keep the great british public the hell out of my workplace until next season when hopefully there will be a vaccine or the virus will be largely gone. the lot of you can watch it from your sofas. we're entitled to work in a safe environment and that clearly can't be done with spectators.
I'm amazed at how many people equated "stay at home where possible" with "go to the beach for the day". Sporting events should probably be crowd free until next year (as much as it pains me to say that - I miss being trackside)