View Single Post
Old 29 May 2020, 12:24 (Ref:3979141)   #6105
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
one set of regulations i've seen was proposing that media be accepted to represent a series, so one photographer and one press officer each, but no team representatives and no independent media unless also attached to a manufacturer. so slightly more accommodating than the us rules, it seems.

to be honest, as long as everybody is in the same boat then it's probably fair. if they were to make exceptions for say, the motorsport.com group then it'd start being an issue.

media pass holders aren't necessary staff. if teams are going to have to look hard at whether they "need" to have a girl or boy friday running around making sure everything is shipshape and catered for, then someone reporting or photographing for a single outlet can take the series-issued photographs and join the zoom press conferences or whatever they'll be doing. i appreciate it'll impact their wages and bill paying situation, but we're all having to hustle to pay the bills. the media experience isn't unique.

looking at the usa, i think they're suffering from a lack of central guidance regarding what does and doesn't need to be done from a health perspective, and overreacting to the perceived social media and public opinion concerns.