View Single Post
Old 18 Jun 2020, 17:36 (Ref:3982682)   #601
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
I wouldn't trust Premier Inn if I were you.
In July i'm Stewarding @ Shenington one weekend and Rissington the next, so booked the same Premier Inn for the two Saturday nights. They were happy to take my money and send confirmation emails etc, a fortnight later they sent me an email saying they were cancelling the bookings and a week or so later the money appeared back in my bank account.
Needless to say I was not impressed, and am now staying in a Holiday Inn, where my breakfast is included.

To be fair, July I can understand - they were presumably hopeful of being able to re-open, but I don't think Government have given the nod, yet, so probably better to give you a chance to consider your options early. I had a few bookings made pre-lockdown (on a non-cancellable basis, I'm a cheapskate), and they refunded very promptly once lockdown was initiated. I don't have a problem with them. Never have breakfast, especially at a race weekend, anyway