View Single Post
Old 21 Jun 2020, 13:46 (Ref:3983062)   #612
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Nope, They see the market expanding.

The US has also started to build more LNG plants, two of which are in partnership with Qatargas. So, although we'd like to think things are going full on green, I doubt it will really happen in terms of infrastructure for quite some time. The recent proclamation of the non coal powered period ignores the biofuel and gas consumption which probably provided the majority of power.

So, as Ford has told me my Mach E is now delayed until next year I'll be burning fossil fuels for much longer.

Another point to come out of the recent crisis is the shipping companies who are expecting to use LNG as the motive power for their fleets. Again this will only increase the sale of the product.
CCGT , [ gas fired ] power stations are much cheaper for producing electricity than Wind or Solar , [ about 15 times cheaper over the 60? years life of a power station ].
Also they can run the whole grid , where wind or solar of over about 30% total will destabilise the grid leading to blackouts , or at the very least enormous amounts of extra money to try to keep the lights on .

So gas is a lot more sensible approach to a lot of things while renewable energy is very unreliable & very expensive .