View Single Post
Old 23 Jun 2020, 06:49 (Ref:3983319)   #6337
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
Cancer isn't a virus that you catch off other people. Big difference.
Exactly that!
I agree that it could/would be possible for the circuits to control entry times, they could buy/rent loads of portaloo's and 'fog them' on a regular basis, but all of this takes time & money. Running the first few BTCC meetings behind closed doors will still involve a heck of a lot of people coming into and moving around the circuit which will present the organisers with enough of a challenge to start with. Isn't it common sense to allow them to start off like that and use this 'practice' to develop their systems & procedures, fine-tuning things and ensuring the safety of everyone involved to start with, then when they feel confident that they can handle the added 'complications' of spectators start letting them in too? ITV4 will televise the races so you will still have the opportunity to see the action if you want to or is your burning desire to boo & hiss at the pantomime villains Matt Neal & Jason Plato live at the circuit more important than all of that?
Please note that my use of the word "your" in the last sentence does not mean I am aiming this an anyone in particular, it is a general comment prompted by the posts saying that spectators should be allowed.

Last edited by VIVA GT; 23 Jun 2020 at 06:57. Reason: Added the final sentence as clarification