View Single Post
Old 23 Jun 2020, 10:25 (Ref:3983353)   #6343
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I might not be willing to accept the risk of you forming part of a crowd at a BTCC meeting, and then spreading the infection to me.

As restrictions are being eased in many countries, significant control measures are still in place. Places are not going back to how they were before the infection spread, and we are a long way from being in a position to remove all restrictions.

Racing is possible without a crowd (as demonstrated by other sports). That should be the starting point.

I have made the point elsewhere in this parish, that as the virus decreases it actually makes large events more cautious than when it was at a high level and they 'knew' what to. No one wants to be the one that inadvertantly starts a second wave at their event, aside from the personal cost to health it would be reputationally disasterous.