View Single Post
Old 25 Jun 2020, 11:05 (Ref:3983753)   #623
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
for what it’s worth, we’re issued with face masks (fabric and disposable, the fabric ones are easier to wear) and safety glasses (under a tenner from the screwfix/toolstation tyre place). the idea is to wear the mask when you can’t socially distance and the glasses when you REALLY can’t, for example when you’re working in very close quarters. i’m not sure anyone has felt the need to wear the glasses in battle yet, which is probably a good indicator that they’d find a visor impractical.

however the folk who wear glasses for seeing haven’t figured out how to deal with the fogging when in a mask, no matter what they’ve prepared their specs with. personally i wear contacts more now but appreciate it’s not for everyone.
Fortunately I have only needed to wear a mask a couple of times & then only for a very short time, but had problems with fogging spectacles. However, a mask was a requirement at the barber's yesterday & I commented on the fogging problem. The barber, who also wears glasses, says it is not a problem if you wear the mask right to the top of your nose. But, with the arrival of the hot weather, that's a complete no-no!